Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Getting Ready for the Week

Normally every Sunday I always sit down and get ready to plan my meals for the week (I know today is Tuesday, we were on vacation so I'm a bit behind). I have never been much of a cook, but since cleaning up my diet I am slowly trying new recipes out. I subscribed to a couple food magazines, signed up on recipe sites (my favorite currently being FOODILY), made an entire "food board" on Pinterest and also asked my friends and family about their favorite healthy recipes. I started a drawer in my kitchen as the designated "recipe" drawer. I have everything written down on little note cards and when it comes time to make my weekly menu I go through them and try some out. 

I have noticed I eat a lot of chicken.... and when i say a lot... I mean A LOT! I am not a big fan of red meat and I despise sea food (even though Salmon is an excellent source of protein). So I have tons of chicken recipes of all sorts. I used to be a really picky eater and did not incorporate enough fruits and vegetable in my day. As I have learned to cook, I have been adding more to my meals and getting enough of all the required amounts per day.

Anyways.... Today was the day before Pay Day so I sat down and made my weekly menu. I take a lot of time to carefully plan out each meal and keep it within my weekly calorie range. I also take in to account the workout I have each day, some days will require more "fuel" then others... so those are the days I want to incorporate more carbs whereas other days I will incorporate more protein and cut back on something else.

This weeks meals though I am really excited about. Everything on the menu this week is something I have never made before, so it will be an experiment. If it turns out well I will be posting the recipe (:

Wish me luck!




No comments:

Post a Comment